WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH STARDUST MEMORIALS?Stardust Memorials is an online cremation urn store dedicated to helping people find the right cremation urn or memorial product to hold the ashes of a loved one. We offer cremation urns and cremation jewelry that are beautiful, made with care, popular with today’s families, and have options to make them personal.
We have a strong team of dedicated staff members with years of experience. We have a mission-centered and values-first approach to everything that we do. We support and care about each other on both a personal and a professional level. We strive to have fun at work, too.
We were selected as one of Michigan's 50 Companies to Watch in 2015 and we were included in the Inc. 500 in 2016 as one of America's fastest-growing companies.
Customer Service Specialist (Part-Time or Full-Time)What we are looking for:
We’re looking to expand our customer service staff. The role we're looking to fill would include evening and weekend hours. Our customer service staff provides help and guidance to customers who are looking to purchase cremation urns and memorial products through our webstore.
The position could be full-time or part-time. We're looking to fill shifts of a few weekday evenings from 2PM to 8PM, plus a single weekend shift (Saturday or Sunday).
1. Help customers via telephone and email. Customers will typically contact our customer service staff to ask product questions, place orders, modify existing orders, request return authorization, and to seek information about shipping and delivery status of orders.
2. Share your knowledge of our products, website, company policies, etc., with customers. Be helpful and pleasant on the phone and via email.
3. Maintain accurate written notes for our daytime staff regarding calls and emails received after-hours.
4. Lockup our offices and warehouse at the end of the evening.
5. Other duties as assigned. We've very teamwork-oriented. We look out for each other. Extra duties could include everything from doing a little packing, labeling, cleaning, filing, and so on. We never say "That's not my job" to each other. We ask "What can I do to help you?" all the time.
What You Need To Succeed:
We're looking for people with their high school diploma, and some college is preferred. Customer service experience of some sort is a good thing.
You're going to have strong written communication skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. You're going to be proficient in Word, Excel, email, etc.
It's critical that you're able to work independently, to manage your time well on your own, and to work without a direct supervisor present at all times. In fact, you'll often work alone.
Candidates should have great attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team under some pressure to hit deadlines. It's important that you're comfortable with technology.
Perhaps most of all, we need a compassionate, patient person with a pleasant and accommodating personality who has the ability to work with people who are experiencing stress and grief. We sell funeral products to family in times of need.
This is a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. We laugh a great deal at work, too. It's a fun place to be.
MORE ABOUT THESE OPPORTUNITIES What We’ll Give You:
- The chance to make a difference in people’s lives and to advance a company in a competitive marketplace. This isn’t about doing busy work. You’ll have a noticeable impact -- contributing directly to operational success and expansion.
- Some flexibility in your work schedule including opportunities to work outside of the office. We don’t want you to miss your kid’s track meets. But we also want you to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- A job that you will love, where people who will support and care about you are surrounding everything that you do. This is the sort of job that will make all of your friends green with envy.
- A competitive wage and access to our benefits package which includes the opportunity to earn regular success-sharing bonuses, professional development opportunities, and more!
It's easy. Just send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send it today -- we're looking for someone to start ASAP.
The Bottom Line:
We’re an award-winning company that is committed to growth and innovation in everything we do. We hire people who share our vision and values and want to spend their professional life making a difference. This is a work environment that people love, and you’ll find that we have great leadership, and we will make available all of the help you could ever need. We want you to be successful here.
Don’t bother applying if you’re a job-hopper, or you’re just testing out the waters. We want people ready to get their hands dirty from day one.
Stardust Memorials is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.